Friday, 22 October 2010

Stop and stare...or not!

If yesterday I pulled my van over to snap a view I was particularly enjoying today I was indulging in a bit of drive-by shooting! Okay, technically, this picture is actually the result of a ride-by: I was out cycling by the lakes in Jajce, soaking up the last of the autumn sun as sunk slowly behind the mountains.

I don't know what Ansel Adams would have thought of the digital revolution. Did he ever grab a photo one-handed whilst riding a bike? I doubt it. However, he did create art. Nevertheless, I'm not complaining about this image. Under the circumstances it does a great job of capturing the moment. Less than an hour later the moon was up, but those photos won't find their way online!

2 comments:

David said...

Wow! That is beautiful.

Is the name of the town pronounced Ya-yeet-suh? Stress on which syllable? I'm afraid the little Croatian I learned is destined to fade from my mind, since I'll probably never have another occasion to use it.

WeDoAdventure said...

Glad you like it! The pronunciation is a tricky question. It's two syllables, with the stress slightly on the first. Maybe something like Yai-tzeh. The 'e' at the end is short and not like 'er' or an English 'a' or 'ah' sound. I hope that makes some sense!