Not quite frozen out

I’ve heard of he-said-she-said arguments and I’ve heard of being frozen out of conversation. Now I’m living in a country where others will be freezing because of someone else’s argument. The argument I’m referring to is between Naftogaz and Gazprom, an argument that has resulted in the gas being turned off to most of Eastern Europe. I only say others will be freezing because Mostar doesn’t do central heating; neither does it get quite so cold as the rest of Bosnia Herzegovina. We use electrical heaters here, not that they are hugely effective. Nevertheless, today I heard of huge queues in Sarajevo to purchase them. Over coffee this afternoon we wondered if this could create a new, knock-on crisis. Does the electric grid here have the spare capacity to meet the inevitable rise in demand? Time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone for Battenberg?

10 things we learned in 10 years of adventure

Happy: we didn't make this!