For the love of a soggy sandwich!

I got hungry on the drive back from Dubrovnik last night. The chocolate rations I’d packed had suffered a softening process thanks to the hot air blowing on the windscreen. While not entirely in an inedible state they were, I deemed, now a slip hazard for the fingers of a driver. Help, however, was at hand. My sister-in-law had pocketed the British Airways in-flight sandwich which she deemed too disgusting for consumption. For an ex-pat living in a land that doesn’t understand the charm of a pre-packaged sandwich this was a nostalgic godsend. Yes, it too was a little too warm but to my taste buds the combination of one half cheese and chutney, the other coronation chicken was a little slice of home from home. I’ll never knock airline food again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone for Battenberg?

10 things we learned in 10 years of adventure

Happy: we didn't make this!