Safety Concerns

When you bring home pictures of bullet-ridden buildings it's only natural for people to ask just how safe it is to travel to Bosnia Herzegovina. There are parts of the country where they estimate it'll take the next hundred years to clear the landmines - mostly because they were conveniently left unmarked! But a new danger sprang to life this morning when a colleague handed me a newspaper clipping, undoubtedly from that bastion of truth The Daily Mail.

It seems there is a man in northern Bosnia who has attracted the ire of extraterrestrials, at least that's what he believes. He's had a steel girder reinforced roof put on his house because it has been struck by meteorites five times in about as many months! They quote Mr Lajic as saying "I am obviously being targeted...I don't know what I have done to annoy them."

I don't know either, but I do know in the 18 short days I've spent in the country I've yet to feel unsafe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anyone for Battenberg?

10 things we learned in 10 years of adventure

Happy: we didn't make this!